Let's talk...for real for real

My photo
Harlem/Bronx/Yonkers, NY, United States
NO preservatives, NO additives...PURE Coco...

What's on my mind?

What's on my mind?

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Favorite Cousin

You will be missed although we were not very close. You had a life I knew nothing about and I am sorry for not being a part of it. Yet, I never corrected you for calling me your 'favorite cousin'. I never asked why you've honored me with this title, but I secretly accepted it. Maybe I provided you with support during your possible worst of time. I'm not sure but I am so glad I did it. I will always hold our last glance at each other at the cookout last October- when you wondered where the rest of me went- I was sure you were in need of glasses because most of me was really there. That sly up to no good smile kept me grinning and cheesing all day long as you ooohed and aahhed at our beautiful family members. You are beautiful in so many ways and I believe that there is a reason why you had to leave when you did (I pump my fist at you for drawing attention to you during MY birthday time- LOVE YOU STILL). Perhaps there is even a better plan for you elsewhere- you've touched so many lives in so many ways. Your temple is gone but your spirit is not.

No comments: