Let's talk...for real for real

My photo
Harlem/Bronx/Yonkers, NY, United States
NO preservatives, NO additives...PURE Coco...

What's on my mind?

What's on my mind?

Monday, April 30, 2007

Thank You...

Lord for allowing me to see another birthday. On April 21st at exactly 4:59pm, I turned 36. It's a bittersweet moment for me. When you are on the 5 ages (15, 25, 35)- they are sort of markings. Almost to the next decade. Now I'm 4 years closer to 40. Today, I was talking with an exec who's maybe 2 years younger, earning about 5x more than myself- about fatherhood. His daughter will be a year next month. Anyway, I told him my son is 12. He said 'oh my you must have had him very young then- how old are you?' I cheerily replied 'just turned 36!!' He commented that I didn't look 36 (not quite sure how that looks), he thought I was younger. And you know me, I told him 'thank you very much, i appreciate it!' On my birthday, a young lady commented that I didnt look my age. Hey, I think I'm gonna love being 36 and still look like I'm in my 20's.

Maybe I've given new meaning to the old adage 'age aint nothin but a number'

No comments: