Let's talk...for real for real

My photo
Harlem/Bronx/Yonkers, NY, United States
NO preservatives, NO additives...PURE Coco...

What's on my mind?

What's on my mind?

Friday, May 04, 2007

Musically Speaking In Retrospect

I was in the zone. I was going through my music library and discovered I had certain must have songs missing. It's funny how you truly believe you've got everything you need and a scent, a sound or a sight will take you back and jolt you into a musical frenzy. Your memory returns and you're frantically trying to find these gems to download.

The Jacksons. The Best of and the Essential do not include the following:

Heartbreak Hotel
Enjoy Yourself
Blame It On The Boogie
Torture
Can You Feel It?
Girl I Want Your Body

These took me back and I had to shed a tear. I remember my mother having the 45 for Heartbreak Hotel. I think the instrumental was on the other side. I remember living in Butler Houses on Webster Avenue, South Bronx, watching next door neighbor, Jerry, metal skate up and down the hall to Heartbreak Hotel. I call recall me and 3 of my cousins working hard to be the next singing and dance sensation- practicing steps from clips of Enjoy Yourself.
I also remember drooling over Marlon as he sang 'Body' and spun around in those spandex pants... LOL

No comments: