Let's talk...for real for real

My photo
Harlem/Bronx/Yonkers, NY, United States
NO preservatives, NO additives...PURE Coco...

What's on my mind?

What's on my mind?

Friday, August 12, 2005

BENNY'S

Today's the big day. I meet SAM and Ra down at Benny's Burritos. I'm so nervous. Do I look ok? lol Meeting members from online groups are always a thrilling thing for me. Except I had to get down there from work- Friday traffic is ridiculous no matter which method you take. And I was driving. Allllllllllllllllllll the way down to the Village. Talk about luck- a space NEXT to the spot. I squeezed my lil car in there and was all too happy that it was a good space- in Manhattan- what are the odds??

We had a couple of drinks- I made the 7pm deadline. YIPEEEEEEEEE. SAM's right- they are much better when they are only $3. We got a table and ordered. I was starving and proved that very well- ate my footlong burrito without blinking an eye. I'll be going down there again. I know Simone would love it- esp since our beloved Flying Burrito shut down on us unexpectedly a couple of years ago. We talked about our kids, about the group, about our jobs and writing. Breath of fresh air- hope we can do it again. I drove them home. How could I let them ride the trains? And it was raining? Please- I dont roll like that.

I was home by 9:30. Buzz gone. Belly full. Time for bed. hahaha..

No comments: