Let's talk...for real for real

My photo
Harlem/Bronx/Yonkers, NY, United States
NO preservatives, NO additives...PURE Coco...

What's on my mind?

What's on my mind?

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

WHAT MAKES A GOOD MAN?


A male Yahoo member asked this question of the group. and I responded.

*rubbing my soft hands for massive typing*- perhaps this should be blogged as well...

Man- by definition, is a responsible male. That is, responsible for his actions, his state of mind, his finances, his soul, his body, his home, well-being, his child(ren), his mate. he's a knowledge seeker, striving to improve mentally, physically and possibly financially... i could go on and on but you get the point.

Good- by definition, is wholesome, respectful, respectable, dedicated, committed, works hard to do right in all aspects (can't be without sin, we are human but it's worth trying), emitting positive energies, supportive, considerate, loving, understanding a woman's struggle and tries to alleviate her pains, he criticizes- not to hurt- but to teach or guide her, etc

Smush these together and you get:

A gentleman. A nobleman. The man. The one who would provide balance in my life. The one who'd say 'cmere Woman!' and hold me so close my breathing is compromised for a minute. He's the who's feet I'd rub, showing appreciation for his being a part of my life. He's the one who can read every facial expression, not say a word and act accordingly. He is the one who's told the world I am the mother of his children forevermore- and will get my last nerve for months, rubbing my belly because he's overexcited. He's the one who's eyes I could look deep into and know with every being- he loves me and no other. He's the one who gives me no reason to doubt him. I trust him and his ways. He is the one I'd give a red rose to- just because. He is the one that works beside me, not under/over me. He is the one who'd realize what I'm trying to accomplish and be there for me every step of the way, smoothing my back 'it'll be ok.' He's the one who's neck I could tickle because I'm feeling playful- and that would not bother him one bit.

No comments: