Let's talk...for real for real

My photo
Harlem/Bronx/Yonkers, NY, United States
NO preservatives, NO additives...PURE Coco...

What's on my mind?

What's on my mind?

Sunday, August 10, 2008

How You Do?

My heart goes out to the Mac and Hayes families- black entertainment has lost 2 great talents this weekend. Both starring in the upcoming film- SoulMan...

****
Made those turkey patties- the kid and I. The neighbors enjoyed them. I brought some over to the aunt's and the rest we keep. discovered when there is extra filling- those empanadas discs work pretty good. doesnt taste as good as my homemade crust but they will get a hungry person by

****
had a spat with the old man today. sometimes i dont think we are in the same page. i believe family comes first and foremost. i thought he believed the same. first error was getting a text hours after arrival. when i mentioned the text was late, i got 'i was lazy'. that is disappointing. day 2- no itinerary. no hotel information. day 3- i say something because he wont. it became an unnecessary argument- or maybe it was. i made it clear that this is not to happen ever again. it's unacceptable to me. i also didnt feel it's my job to remind him in the future about travel bookings and the like. he apologized for making the mistake but didnt understand why i wouldnt say anything if he does make a mistake. this is where voices were raised. seems he didnt understand- THIS will not happen again. there's no 'i'll try my best'. WONT happen again.

i will mention things if mistakes are to occur but when it comes to letting your loved ones know how to reach you- that's the other person's job. PERIOD. I think the most important thing on the mind should be family and self. So he asks 'what if this happens again?' See- he didnt listen. There's no IF because it WONT. I said if he's not feeling the convo of the moment, he'll make sure it doesn't happen again. *sigh*

****
Guess what I made? Orange creamsicle sherbert. GOOD stuff! Low in calories too

****

Family picnic coming this weekend. Hoping for blue skies and low humidity. funny, emails flying for about a month now and i was asked by someone who's also getting the emails: "what are your bringing?' What's worse, when she left that message on my cell and I returned the call, leaving a detailed message- she called me asking the same question. grrrrr

****

My mind is on ways to make extra money- I've applied at KiddieKandids online but haven't heard from them- I may stop in and show some of my work. I also want to find ways of cashing in with my pictures.

No comments: