Let's talk...for real for real

My photo
Harlem/Bronx/Yonkers, NY, United States
NO preservatives, NO additives...PURE Coco...

What's on my mind?

What's on my mind?

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Torn

Have you ever outgrown or got too busy for your very closest friends? If so, do you cut off their kids too?

I'm having a moment here.

My best friend of over 30 years has disappeared so to speak. In a way where the phone is not picked up. I can't chase her and yes as parents we do get busy but a quick hello takes no time. I've stopped calling. Email is not an option (she doesnt have a computer). But I know her. Her birthday and her kid's birthday is next month and I am 200% sure she will call me, esp for the daughter's bday (she will be 5...expecting a gift from me or some kind of help with whatever birthday party idea she may have)...it's not like me not to call for her birthday or try to give her a gift of sorts...

last time i heard from her was early september, right before school started. child needed a rolling bookbag and in a pinch i got it. never heard from the chick again..

i feel like it's 'call when you need me' not call to see if godson or his mom are still alive and breathing....

what do you do- do you call or do you wait for a call?

No comments: